Monday 12 January 2015

Birthdays and Mondays

This weekend we had a surprise birthday party for my husband, it was hectic, but fun. Leftover cake:
 

 
And having houseguests, I made my normal batch of spelt waffles:
 

 
We also started attending a Steiner playgroup today, which I quite enjoyed. The first time I went to it, to see if we liked it, I thought it was a little bit crunchy, but then so are we - so we decided to give it a go. It was such a success that F threw a full-on tantrum when we had to leave. :/ The play space is beautiful (I will ask them if I can take a snap or two), and they burn incense and light candles, they sing songs and all the food is vegetarian - it really is lovely.
 
Lastly, one of my wonderful brothers sent us some late Christmas gifts, in time for a "Merry Ides of January", and they are merry indeed. A hat:
 
 
Books:
 
 
And a very sweet inscription for her:
 

Love my brothers! Thanks Uncle Will!

No comments:

Post a Comment