Friday 13 February 2015

Remember This: Weaning In Progress

 
So, as I write this, my darling girl is sleeping in her stroller, because she is totally, completely day-weaned. It's easier to get her to sleep while on the move, in the stroller or Ergo, but I've gotten her to sleep 3 times in the last two days, at home, without the boob. I know that doesn't sound like a big deal, but when you've been feeding them to sleep virtually their entire lives, it really feels like an achievement. Added to this, her dad was able to cuddle her back to sleep on one of her night-wakings - again, sounds small, feels huge.
 
 
 
Proof!! It happened!! She's been a little under the weather since we got back - she still had that lingering cold, and now seems to be either teething or fighting off a bug that she picked up on the plane. Either way, she's not quite herself. I'm reminded that she needs ME, not just my boobs. Breastfeeding has been wonderful, but it's not the only tool in my mothering arsenal.
 
 
I complain about co-sleeping, but I woke up to this sweet face today. In the tough, tough, newborn days, when I was vowing NEVER AGAIN, I looked in the mirror and told myself, REMEMBER THIS. Now, I find these little moments almost unbearable in their transience. Saying to myself, remember this.

No comments:

Post a Comment