Friday 15 April 2016

Scenes From Our Table




Spring! How about some flowers?


Ranunculus. My favourite, I think. Besides all the others.


I had to move some stuff around so that breakable things were out of reach, which means she can now get to the cookbooks. She especially likes to look through the Ms. Cupcake book, and ask 'shall we make that one? Shall we??'


She also likes the colourful Mexico cookbook.


This is a pudla, which is a savoury chickpea flour pancake. Here with veggies inside, pickled chickpeas on top, and some hot sauce. Chickpeas forever. I made the table runner. I hadn't even ironed it yet, just wanted to see what it looked like.


A brunch. French toast and banana. There was more banana, but SOMEBODY ate it all.



A dinner. Stir-fry and edamame.


Another dinner. Can every night be taco night? Not joking.









And some fabric from my stash that I'm going to turn into table linens (because we don't have enough). Thinking of selling some extras on Etsy - what do you think, do people buy napkins and runners? I could wax poetic about them; I love things that are both pretty and practical, and a little old-fashioned. (I have an intense love of vintage slips for the same reason. Often I see some girl with a clingy, unflattering dress situation and think, 'you need a slip, young lady'.) Here's a better look at that runner, still un-ironed:



The fabric was from a remnant I snagged at The Cloth House quite a while ago. Notice the book? Some men bring home flowers, mine gets me a book called 'Healing Foods'. That's love, folks. Anyway, I hope you all have a lovely weekend!

2 comments:

  1. The flowers, dishes and linens are so gorgeous and I'm loving the contrasting colors and patterns. It makes my heart happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Me too. :)

    ReplyDelete