Tuesday 19 April 2016

Miso-y Peanut Dipping Sauce



Another recipe?? I've gone all industrious on you! No, this is just a little one - a simple (but completely addictive) dipping sauce for those gorgeous rice-paper rolls we're all making now that spring has finally sprung. Whenever I make something that my guy really loves, 9 times out of 10 it has miso in it. This has miso in it:

Miso-y Peanut-y Dippin' Sauce

1/2 cup of peanut butter (I like it how I like my babies - chunky)
1/4 of soy sauce
1/4 cup of lime juice
1 tablespoon fresh miso (the refrigerated kind, see note)
1 tablespoon brown rice syrup

Whizz it all up in a food processor or blender, dip with abandon. If you have any leftover, it makes a really good salad dressing too!

Note: Miso. Miso is one of a handful of ingredients that changed my cooking life, but it's gotta be the good stuff. The live stuff. And the live stuff has to be kept in the fridge, because it's alive. I will admit that it isn't always easy to find - I have to make a special trip to a good health food shop (Sheel Pharmacy in Lewisham usually stock it, sometimes unusual kinds too, like Tex-Mex!) or Whole Foods. But if you can find it, it makes all the difference - I can't vouch for the shelf-stable kind. This is my favourite variety of my favourite brand:


Go forth, and roll!

1 comment:


  1. The 1st first lifeline is “fifty-fifty”. In this lifeline, two wrong choices will be removed and you will have to choose from two remaining options. It will help you to win the 1st level.
    2nd lifeline is “Phone a friend”. For find the right answer you can take help of your friend by making a call between you and your friend.
    The 3rd lifeline is “audience poll”. In this, the audience that is attending the show gives you the poll of answers and the system will show you their polls in the form of a graph.
    The 4th lifeline is “Flip”. During the game, if you cannot give the right answer to the existing question you can use this lifeline to get the next question by skipping the current question.

    https://kbconlinewinner.com

    ReplyDelete