Wednesday 16 March 2016

Shared Nursery - In Progress

Want to see their nursery? We're trying to make the most of a fairly small space, and it's not finished, but we like it! More piccies:



Obviously we've kept the book display (Ikea shelves), and I'm planning on displaying a lot of kid-art. Just adding, adding, adding as we find quirky things, and they make quirky things. So above F's bed is some art she made, and some garlands. I don't like to have framed art over their beds because I'm paranoid.


The colour scheme is all-of-them. Phasing out the pastels a bit in favour of brights. The new ochre striped rug helps.



Unfinished hoop art.


Their Ikea Duktig kitchen, unpimped.


There he is! In dreamland again, care of the Ergo.


Some fun pillows. The cloud is from Land of Nod and I made the other.


Some context. F's bed on the left side of the room.


And H on the right. I like to keep the toys out of reach, not because I'm mean (though I might be) but because I think they are a distraction at sleep times.

I've said before that I don't really like themes, and couldn't stick to a strict colour palette if my life depended on it, but I think it's still pretty gender-neutral, no? Boys like colour too.

No comments:

Post a Comment