Tuesday 29 March 2016

A Long Weekend, A Living Kitchen


She kicked off the 4 day weekend with Peppa and George, naturally. Opted to stay in pyjamas for most of the morning.


While we got the house ready for guests! 


I was telling my sister-in-law that we had a Kombucha explosion (yeah, that happened. Rite of passage?), and she said that we had a "living kitchen". I thought that was a lovely turn of phrase, and a lovely thing to say in light of the mini-disaster that prompted it! Anyway, that's my new goal, a living kitchen.


Easter Sunday, my old stand-by Jambalaya and a new roasted veggie salad with basil sauce. 


Living kitchen? Certainly a full kitchen. 


Apple crumble for dessert, which I didn't photograph. It was nice though. 


I won't lie, I love it when people bring us flowers. I broke my big vase last year (boo), so sometimes I have to break down nice arrangements into a few smaller bunches. It works, and then we have flowers EVERYWHERE. 


Everywhere! 


Marks and Spencer's apple hot cross buns are accidentally vegan, FYI. 


Talking poetry with my father-in-law. 


And she finally, FINALLY, ate an avocado. My avocado. That I really did want. So I was happy, but still kind-of hungry.

So we had a good time. She ate too much chocolate, and played with her cousins, and stayed up too late - basically the toddler equivalent of a 4 day bender. And the boy, I'm almost too scared to report, started sleeping through. Success, all around! 

No comments:

Post a Comment