Wednesday 16 September 2015

Late Summer Love - Fresh Figs


Is it late summer? Or early autumn? It certainly feels like autumn around here. Today's Vegan Mofo prompt is 'favourite late summer food', and although it's hard to choose, I immediately thought of fresh figs. I like them every which way, but the best is just plain, fresh, sliced into quarters. As I mentioned yesterday, I think they make a respectable dessert for guests: if you want to be really fancy, you could drizzle with a little brown rice syrup and serve with your favourite vegan cheese - I'd choose Vegusto No-Moo, Piquant flavour. 

As you can see, the little hands are straight in there too. 



2 comments:

  1. Figs are so pretty! My grandma used to have so many trees and we would always have an abundance of my favourite fig jam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they? My mother in law has some too, and makes a killer jam. I wish!

      Delete