Sunday 17 May 2015

A Bicycle Built For Toot


It's been a rough week for some reason. One of those weeks where she is clearly working through some stuff, and hasn't been in the best mood as a consequence. So plenty of tantrums, but also some funny stuff I want to remember:

She knows lots of songs now, as well as the words to her books, so if you pause a moment for the last word of a phrase, she'll pipe up with it like a little Beastie Boy. One song we've been singing a lot lately is 'Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do...' Do you know it? Anyway, the last line is 'and you'll look sweet, upon the seat, of a bicycle built for two.' Now, the word we use for fart around here is toot (I don't know why - it's not like fart is a bad word. Just seemed too crass for her little angel face!), and she thinks it's a 'bicycle built for toot.' Very clearly, every time - toot.
 
I caught her 'breastfeeding' Minnie Mouse in the bath. Saying 'night, night'! I DIED laughing and she looked at me like, what? How else will she go to sleep?? Jeez, Mom.
 
She wants to walk everywhere now, and puts her little toy baby in the buggy. She stops every now and then, looks at the baby and goes, 'O-TAY? O-TAY?' I did not realise I did that to her, but I guess I do!
 
She's quite disturbed by 'mess', and it very happy to clean up spilled water or whatever if I give her a rag. So, we're going for a walk, and she's calling the puddles 'mess'! A bit too far, no? Someone told me that they are fastidious at this age, either that or she's going to be a neat freak.
 
A friend recently said that it must be great now that she's quite verbal, because she won't get as frustrated since she can communicate what she wants. Yeah, not at all. Tantrums have commenced this week for the following, totally rational, reasons:
 
I made the bed.
 
She wanted my spoon instead of hers.
 
She saw a picture of an orange and wanted it.
 
I couldn't read two books at once.
 
We wouldn't let her outside in her pajamas, barefoot.
 
Then, when she sneaked out while her Dad took the trash out, she was upset because she was barefoot. ('Feet!! Feet!! Shoes!)
 
I can't make hummus appear out of thin air.
 
And those are just the ones I can remember off the top of my head!
 
In other news, we bought her a little potty. Not terribly serious about potty training yet, but I figure she can have a go during naked time this summer. So far she likes to sit on it and say 'peepee' or 'pssss' (I did not teach her the latter, interestingly), but we haven't hit paydirt yet. I do actually think she knows what it's for, but right now it's a pretend thing. I haven't really looked up different ways to potty train, and I know it's early, but it would be nice to make some progress during the warmer months.
 
 
Thanks again for voting guys, you're the best. Goodbye weekend, here we go again!
 
Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment