Tuesday 9 August 2016

Everything Bagel Salt Rip-Off


So, I didn't invent this. I was given a jar as a hostess gift, and soon found I couldn't live without it. The operative word here is "everything", because it now goes on everything. Anyway, I gather you can purchase this delightful stuff in the US, but we don't live there - I find these proportions do the job quite nicely:

Everything Bagel Salt

1 cup coarse sea salt (however coarse you like it - I ground mine a touch finer in the mortar and pestle.)
1 tablespoon caraway
1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1 tablespoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion salt

Here it is on some golden beetroot on toast. 



Also good on tomatoes, or avocado - basically anything on toast. In other words, everything.


No comments:

Post a Comment